Want to know how to cancel Minecraft Realms? Well, it is easy to build some, but it is not easy to cancel them. So, here we are with our guide on how to cancel Minecraft realms subscriptions.
Minecraft Realms: An Overview (2022)
Minecraft is genuinely unique in the realm of online multiplayer gaming. And the Minecraft Realms take that experience to a whole new level. And, because players can use Realms on both the Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions, no player will be left out of these servers. Installing Forge to utilize modifications in Minecraft is always an option if you want extra excitement in offline games.
Minecraft Realms and Realms Plus are subscription-type services that allow you to play Minecraft online with friends and family on your own personal server and provide access to a catalog of Minecraft content, such as skins, worlds, and resource packs, depending on the service. With the current Bedrock Engine-based version of Minecraft available on smartphones, Xbox consoles, Windows devices, VR devices, and Nintendo Switch consoles, you may subscribe to Minecraft Realms or Realms Plus.
A separate Minecraft Realms subscription option (in this article, we’ll look at how to cancel a Minecraft realms subscription) is available if you play Minecraft: Java Edition on a Windows device.
Note: Realms are only supported by Minecraft, Minecraft for Windows, and Minecraft: Java Edition. Realms are not supported by legacy console editions such as Minecraft: Xbox One Edition.
You may pick between a one-time payment and a recurring subscription, depending on the device you’re using. You may establish a one-month or six-month Realm with a one-time payment. These one-time purchases are non-refundable and will not automatically renew after they expire.
A recurring subscription will bill you automatically every 30 days unless you cancel it. If a recurring subscription is provided, you can select between two monthly recurring options:
- Realms: A private server that allows you to play with up to two other people.
- Realms Plus: A personal server for up to ten extra users, as well as a library of Minecraft Marketplace items.
Subscription prices vary based on where you reside.
Now to question here is how to cancel a Minecraft realm subscription once subscribed, hold tight and read till the end to find out!
Why Are There Two Types of Realms Servers?
There are two distinct versions of Minecraft to ensure that the game operates well across several platforms. Minecraft for mobile, console, and Windows 10 (and higher) uses one type of code, whereas Minecraft: Java Edition (for PC, Mac, and Linux) uses another.
These two versions are incompatible with one another and were created independently with distinct features. Minecraft: Java Edition players are unable to play Realms on console, mobile, or Windows 10 and higher.
Minecraft Realms on Minecraft Bedrock Edition?
In an unusual event, the Minecraft Bedrock edition is cheaper here. Realms in Minecraft Bedrock Edition are unique. If you subscribe to the Realms Plus service, you will receive 150+ exclusive marketplace theme packs with fresh content every month. Later on, we’ll go through the distinctions between Realm and Realm Plus.
If you simply want to play with three other individuals on your server, the bedrock edition also receives a substantially cheaper plan. This package lacks the special monthly content but is just as dependable as the Realm Plus plan. Additionally, Minecraft Realms on Bedrock supports limited community-based content to fully personalize the server.
Minecraft Java Edition has Realms
Due to the lack of an official marketplace, Minecraft Java Edition does not provide an option between Realms Plus and a normal subscription. However, there are several perks that are only available to Java Minecraft Realms. Java Minecraft is the ideal location to take personalization to the next level, thanks to community-based creations, modifications, and a plethora of third-party developer support. Java Realms’ plans and information found right here.
While Bedrock worlds are confined to the add-ons provided by the Minecraft creators, you may completely customize Minecraft Realms in the Java edition. The one significant disadvantage of the Java realms is cross-play. You can only play with Java-enabled players on Linux, Windows, and macOS. As previously stated, you cannot play with Bedrock players. To compete with the high-fidelity visuals allowed by RTX on the Bedrock edition, you can always install Optifine on Minecraft Java. To know “how to cancel your Minecraft realms subscription (java edition), read it till the end!
How to Cancel Minecraft Realm Subscription?
To cancel recurring billing on your subscription, follow these steps.
- Subscriptions for Minecraft (on mobile, consoles, or Windows 10 and above) are administered through the shops on the platform where you initially activated your subscription. Here’s how to get into the platform shop and manage your subscription:
- From the game’s main menu, select Settings.
- Select Subscriptions from the list on the left.
- In the Settings menu, click the Manage option next to the subscription you wish to manage.
This sends you to the platform shop, where you may evaluate and, if necessary, cancel your membership.
Guide of “How To Cancel Minecraft Realm Subscription” On Each Platform
We have covered 7 platforms to answer your query about how to cancel a Minecraft realm subscription.
Android / Google Play
The first platform which we are covering to help you answer your question of how to cancel a Minecraft realm subscription on a certain platform is Android/Google play.
- Navigate to Google Play.
- Make sure you’re logged in to the Google Account you used to purchase your membership.
- Click My subscriptions on the left.
- Choose the Realms subscription that you wish to cancel.
- Click Manage, followed by Cancel Subscription.
The second platform which we are discussing to answer your question of how to cancel a Minecraft realm subscription on a certain platform is Amazon.
- Navigate to Your Account.
- Make sure you’re logged in to the Amazon Account you used to purchase your membership.
- Select Your Apps from the Digital content and devices menu.
- Select Your Subscriptions from the Manage menu.
- As needed, update your subscription.
Another platform to answer your question about how to cancel a Minecraft realm subscription on a certain platform is iOS.
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Settings app.
- Log in with the Apple ID you used to purchase your membership.
- Select the account name.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select the Realms subscription you wish to manage.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
To know about how to cancel a Minecraft realm subscription on Nintendo Switch, consider the following points.
What this entails for Realms gamers is as follows:
- This will be a monthly membership service. Once you sign up, your Realms will be automatically renewed each month unless you cancel.
- You will be able to pay for this service with a credit card rather than Minecoins. Mine coins are no longer used to buy Minecraft Realms.
As always, only the owner of the Realms needs to pay; friends may always join for free.
Simply follow the instructions below to start this procedure. If you already have a Realms membership, you can renew it as a recurring subscription when it expires.
- Start the game.
- Choose Settings.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions section.
- Locate your Expired Realm.
- When you click “Renew,” you will be sent to the “Renew Your Realm” option.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions, then select “Renew for $3.99 per month (2-player Realm) or $7.99 per month (Realms Plus)”. You will be sent to the Nintendo eShop’s “Automatic Renewal Subscription” page.
- Click the “Continue to Purchase” button.
- To register your location with Nintendo, enter your address.
- Choose a payment method (credit card or available Nintendo eShop funds).
- To verify your identity, enter your login and password.
- Examine your options. If everything appears fine, press the “Add Funds and Purchase” button.
- To return to Minecraft, use the “Return to Software” button. A “Creating Realm” dialogue will appear.
- You can now join your Realm on a regular basis.
Please contact Minecraft Support if you have any queries about this procedure. If you want a refund for a purchase made on the Nintendo eShop for any reason, please contact Nintendo Customer Support.
Here is the guide about how to cancel your Minecraft realms subscription on Playstation.
- Sign in to Account Management
- Subscriptions may be found in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Turn Off Auto-Renew next to the subscription you want to cancel.
If you want to maintain your membership, you may choose Turn On Auto-Renew before the current subscription’s renewal date. Please see PlayStation’s guide for precise details on managing subscriptions through the console.
Windows 10 and later
On the platform, to know how to cancel your Minecraft realms subscription, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Microsoft Account by going to the Microsoft Account page.
- Locate the Realm subscription you wish to cancel.
- Choose Manage Subscription.
- As needed, update your subscription.
If you are wondering how to cancel your Minecraft realms subscription on Xbox, follow the steps below:
- Sign in using the account you used to purchase your membership in Services & Subscriptions.
- Discover your Realms subscription.
- Choose Manage.
- On the following page, click Cancel.
- To cancel, simply follow the instructions on the page.
How to Cancel Minecraft Realms membership (Java Edition)?
To cancel recurring billing on your subscription, follow these steps:
Log into Minecraft via the login page to access your Minecraft Profile/Account for Minecraft: Java Edition. To access your subscriptions, go to ‘My Wallet’ in the left menu bar. You may stop them at any moment by clicking on the ‘Pause’ option next to your recurring payment.
As you can see, canceling your membership is simple, regardless of the platform. Remember that if you have regular payments set up, you must cancel them before your payment date.