Counter Strike: Global Offensive has a very active esports scene and Shroud is one of the most iconic players for the game. As such, Shroud CSGO settings are considered one of the best ways to play the game as they help him achieve peak performance.
Not only is he great at playing by himself, he also carried his team Cloud9 through the Pro League Season 4 before retiring to become a full-time streamer. And as a streamer on Twitch, he’s currently sitting at over 10 million followers!
And even though he does not play professionally anymore, he’s still an excellent player that reminds us of why he was such a champion.
So, what are Shroud’s CS:GO settings? Let’s take a look at his configuration, crosshair preferences, computer peripherals and overall specs.
Shroud CSGO Settings
First of all, let’s talk about Shroud CSGO settings, which will be split in different categories. Although they are all related to his gaming setup overall, some are software related and some are hardware related.
Shroud’s Mouse and Crosshair Settings
- DPI: 450
- eDPI: 1080
- Hz: 1000
- Zoom Sensitivity: 1.00
- Windows Sensitivity: 6
- Mouse Acceleration: Off
- Raw Input: On
- Sensitivity: 2.40
config for crosshair:
- Cl_crosshaircolor 3; Cl_fixedcrosshairgap -2.5; Cl_crosshairstyle 1; Hud_showtargetid 1;
- Viewmodel_fov 68; Viewmodel_offset_x 2.5; Viewmodel_offset_y 1; Viewmodel_offset_z -1.5; Viewmodel_presetpos 3; Cl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt 0; Cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt 0; Viewmodel_recoil 0; Cl_righthand 1;
- Cl_bob_lower_amt 5; Cl_bobamt_lat 0.1; Cl_bobamt_vert 0.1; Cl_bobcycle 0.98;
Shroud’s Video Settings
Shroud has very specific video settings which help him see the most at all times in CS:GO.
Basic Video Settings:
- Color Mode: Computer Monitor
- Brightness: 100%
- Display Mode: Full Screen
- Laptop Power Savings: Disabled
Advanced Video Settings:
- Global Shadow Quality: High
- Model/Texture Detail: Low
- Texture Streaming: Disabled
- Shader Detail: Low
- Multicore Rendering: Enabled
- Effect Detail: Low
- Boost Player Contrast: Enabled
- Multicore Rendering: Enabled
- Multisampling Anti-Aliasing Mode: 8x MSAA
- Texture Filtering Mode: Anisotropic 8x
- FXAA Anti-Aliasing: Disabled
- Wait for Vertical Sync: Disabled
- Motion Blur: Disabled
- Use Uber Shaders: Enabled
- Triple-Monitor Mode: Disabled
Shroud’s Monitor settings:
- Resolution: 2560×1440
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Hz: 240
As you can see, most of the settings are on high quality. But having everything on its highest isn’t all that it takes to find the perfect settings.
Even though he has a great computer, his model, texture, and effect detail settings are on low.
Shroud’s config file
You can directly get Shroud’s config file and use it in your game, which will save you the effort of manually applying all of these settings. If you don’t know how to apply it though, it’d be quicker to manually use the same settings as him compared to learning how to replace the files specifically.
Shroud’s PC Specs, Gear, and Peripherals
As you’d expect, Shroud has a state-of-the-art computer with all of the latest technologies. Not only that, but Shroud’s monitor is a sight to behold too.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
- GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3090
- Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix X570-I Gaming
- RAM/Memory: HYPERX Predator RGB 64GB
- PC Casing: Maingear Vybe
- Monitor: Alienware AW2721D
The peripherals that Shroud uses are no less amazing when compared to his PC.
- Mouse: Logitech G303 Shroud Edition
- Mousepad: Logitech G840 Shroud Edition
- Keyboard: Logitech G PRO X Keyboard Shroud Edition
- Headset: Logitech G PRO X Wireless Headset Shroud Edition
Yes, you read that correctly. Shroud’s peripherals are special edition items that are built specifically for him as a part of a collaboration with Logitech.
Last thing left is his gear, which are items that he uses for streaming specifically.
- Chair: Herman Miller X Logitech G Embody
- Microphone: Blue Microphones Mouse
- Mixer: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- Webcam: Sony Alpha A6000
- Microphone Arm: Rode PSA1
Shroud’s gaming setup is without a doubt very expensive. But, you don’t have to compare it to your rig because the key to his success are his skills. One of the primary reasons for streamers to have such PCs is because the companies ship it to them for free so that they can receive an advertisement in turn. So, keep that in mind as an up-and-coming gamer!
Shroud’s CS:GO Tips
Shroud is a bit of a humble person when he’s having a serious conversation. He stated that anyone can reach his level and that he does not consider himself a ‘gamer god’, although he does acknowledge that he’s better than most people.
His only advice for players is to practice a lot and pay attention to the common aspects of every FPS game. He believes that with lots of hours and sincere effort put into the game, anyone can pull off the feats that he has in his career as a professional CS:GO player.
Though not many would agree with this statement, it does hold some truth because practice is rewarding when it comes to skill.
That’s it for everything related to Shroud’s CS:GO settings and the gear that he uses. Using Shroud’s config will give you a nice place to start when you try to play like a pro. However, once you’ve played the game for a while, you’ll begin to make changes that make the config better catered towards your experience.
It’s a win-win situation in the end, so best of luck to you!